Sunday, August 29, 2010

Trading in the zone : Mark Douglus

Mark Doulus in this book elaborates about  getting  consistent performance ;

CREATING A BELIEF IN CONSISTENCY


Creating a belief that "I am a consistent winner" is the primary objective, but like my intention to

become a runner, it's too broad and abstract to implement without breaking it down into a step-by-step

process. So what I'm going to do is break this belief down into its smallest definable parts and then give

you a plan to integrate each part as a dominant belief. The following sub-beliefs are the building blocks.

Thinking Like a Trader blocks that provide the underlying structure for what it means "to be a

consistent winner."



I AM A CONSISTENT WINNER BECAUSE:

1. I objectively identify my edges.


2. I predefine the risk of every trade.


3. I completely accept risk or I am willing to let go of the trade.


4. I act on my edges without reservation or hesitation.


5. I pay myself as the market makes money available to me.


6. I continually monitor my susceptibility for making errors.


7. I understand the absolute necessity of these principles of consistent success and, therefore, I


never violate them.

No comments: